Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ramblings


I'm new to the concept of blogging, but I think an underlying gist is typing one's reflections, accomplishments and things that one doesn't understand. I don't mean this in a manner such as genius ideas for another way of organizing one's stacks of baby clothing in a way other than what their friends and mother suggested and therefor making oneself feel like a DIY guru. I hope that through posting the things I can't wrap my head around, someone who reads this takes a moment to pause from sipping their chai latte and nods their head, thinking "yeah, I get that" and comments. I hope that the words I choose to type justify and convey the emotion or the thought that fuels my need for writing at this ungodly and frankly, illegal hour.

First off, a confession. I am obsessed with soundtrack music. Songs with cinematic influence tend to have more soul, and therefor capture not only my attention, but my imagination. Call me crazy, but I not only mentally choreograph dances but also stage deaths, write more music, and place images or recent instances into the plot of the notes. The song, however simplistic, can represent the most elemental concept or the most chaotic theme in my life, and it is within the measures of rhythm and chords that I am able to attempt to organize my life - or at least make myself feel thus. This fake realization can also backfire and make homework and other obligations seem quite undesirable. Who would rather read Don Quixote than listen to Across the Stars? It's when I have to come back to reality and stop dreaming about Hayden Christensen's penetrating eyes that I become depressed, for in real life Jedi unfortunately do not exist outside of the compartmentalized bowels of some obscure Department of Defense building.


 To quote Sarah's economics instructor, "It’s a fine line between sanity and insanity." – G. Hayward, Economics.

With that, I force myself to go to bed. More soon to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Shame on you, blogging at such an hour! What dark and dastardly flow of descriptions and details will grace the internet if you do that again??

    Thank heavens you weren't drinking eggnog.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evidently I was also hormonal. I'm considering altering this post ...

    I'll not comment on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging while drinking drinks that end in "-nog" is illegal in this part of the land, my dear....

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.